Multiple repositories per project
|Target version:||-||Estimated time:||1.00 hour|
This has been requested via email.
We have to investigate if it's at all possible with our current setup. Chiliproject has a (non-pulled) patch to support this, but the repositories we use might conflict with it.
Updated by Enrique García on 21 Jun 2012 at 12:36
- Estimated time set to 1.00
- Status changed from New to On Hold
I've investigated this a bit more.
For now the pull request is being "investigated". The relevant pull request for Chiliproject can be read here:
There are three main problems with this pull request, however:
- It's being actively discussed (last comment is from 4 days ago).
- Some Chiliproject core members have expressed concerns that is is not a generally useful feature to add ("Is the added complexity (Code and UX) worth it for the majority of users?")
- It changes the way the repositories are linked to projects. This will probably break the 3 plugins we use now (redmine_checkout, redmine_scm and redmine_gitolite).
- It will also require an exhaustive re-test, and probably adaptation, of the code we added on #252
- The proposed change only works for Chiliproject 3.x . ohwr is on Chiliproject 2.x
In conclusion, we must move from Chiliproject 2.x to 3.x before attempting to implement this, and only if the Core team is also ok with it. For all these reasons, I'm going to leave this issue "On Hold" for the time being.