Single width FMC mezzanine
Chapter 3.2) IMPORTANT: The FieldTR transformer is ~1 mm higher than what the
standard permits. Due to that, the carrier board should have a cut
out under the FMC board (see e.g. the SPEC
board). While it is
possible to mount FMC-nanoFIP on a carrier without the cutout, it
may create undesired mechanical stress (see mounting FMC-nanoFIP on
carrier). IMPORTANT: The FMC standard says a mezzanine should provide an
EEPROM, but due to radiation tolerance requirements it is not
desirable. There is a footprint to mount an EEPROM, but the
component is not mounted by default. If there is a justified
request, EEPROM can be emulated using the nanoFIP FPGA.
- 90 mA / 3.3V (FPGA 3.3V and 1.5V LDO; LEDs)
- 75 mA / 12V (5V LDO at 70% efficiency for FielDrive and FieldTR which
consume ~120 mA / 5V in total)
2 LEDs indicating FIP link and Wishbone bus activity.
JTAG connector (standard 2x5 2.54 mm pin header) Actel FlashPro 4
for the nanoFIP FPGA and a jumper to disable reprogramming.
Radiation tolerance up to 200 Gy.
8 low-profile dip switches on a top to configure the station address
(accessible without removing the mezzanine from the carrier board).
Constructor and model IDs set by dip switches.
- Single width FMC form factor
- Cut out zone in the carrier board limits the area where the FieldTR
transformer can be placed (see e.g. the
- FIP 2x1 pin header has to be placed away from the cut out zone (it
should be possible to connect it to a carrier board with a female pin
- DIP switches have to be placed on top, so they are accessible without
removing the board from the carrier
- DB9 connector is almost of the same height as the front panel
bezel. It has been verified with 3D
models that the selected DB9
connector will fit.
There is a number of designs that may serve as a reference for