Projects using the CERN Open Hardware Licence¶
This is a non-exhaustive list of projects that use the CERN OHL. Please inform us if you like to include other projects to this page.
- Adafruit Industries
- apertus°, Open Source Cinema.
- Chirp!, the plant watering alarm.
- ColorHug, an open source display colorimeter.
- EEG-Mouse, controlling a mouse with Electroencephalography signals.
- Elphel (August 2011)
- Open hardware and open source camera designed by Elphel Inc. primarily for scientific applications. Elphel cameras are being used to capture images for Google Street View and the Google Books project and are used in a Global Hawk UAV operated by NASA.
- Elphel in wikipedia
- Freezing Nucleation Apparatus, an instrument for immersion freezing assays.
- Gizmo For You Ltd, Cyprus
- HydroGadget, an Internet-connected home irrigation timer and controller.
- Jerry, the DIY server, France
- miniEngine - an open-source motion control software for timelapse photography
- Multi Axis Motion Controller.
- ObsoNET, Ethernet interface for MSX
- OMK: Open Music Kontrollers
- OpenLCB, A new way of controlling model railroads
- Open Motion Controller designed to drive up to 6 steppers and 6 PWMs.
- Public Laboratory
- ROP - Robotic Open Platform, The Netherlands
- SimpleMachines, Italy
- SimpleMachines to adopt CERN Open Hardware License v.1.1
- Mizar32 project, an easy to use a 32 bit microcontroller.
- thefabric, Switzerland
- RoboBrrd Brain Board v2, a robot controller board.
- Tinkerforge, Germany
- Modular hardware kit. Press Release
- Z-mota MOVE, a device capable of capturing the movement of the person who wears a bracelet, designed in the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
- Balloon Mapping Kit collects your own aerial photos from up to 1000 ft.
- Flexible Wind Meter (FWM)
- Novel type of wind speed and direction measuring instrument for data logging in very remote and inhospitable places. (Mar.2013)
- Les Faiseurs de Bière ("The makers of beer")
- Bière Libre (the drinking kind!)
- Opennautics, open source space exploration hardware.
- Sufficiency Inc. - Sufficiency Mutual Aid Forum, USA
- Worm Farm turns shredded paper and waste fruit and vegetables into high quality organic fertilizer, with the help of tiger worms.
- smartCaster: Open source automatic roto-casting machine
- Le projet voosilla, free small wind turbines (site in French) (Jan. 2013)
Considering using the CERN OHL¶
Erik van der Bij - 12 March 2013