Projects using the CERN Open Hardware Licence¶
This is a non-exhaustive list of projects that use the CERN OHL. Please inform us if you like to include other projects to this page.
- Adafruit Industries
- Alexei Dolganov, Three-band guitar and bass amplifier
- apertus°, Axiom: Open Source Cinema.
- Analog Devices
- Antti Lukats, Arduino Compatible Zynq Shield.
- A-wai Amplification, Guitar amplifier - Du crowdfunding à tous les étages (in French)
- CHIMAERA - a poly-magneto-phonic-theremin. A touchless, expressive, open music controller.
- Chirp!, the plant watering alarm.
- CitizenWatt, a low cost electricity consumption sensor. This sensor will be non intrusive, secured and under opensource licenses. CNIL and Paris City House, France.
- Citoyens Capteurs. Platform to make environmental measurements (in French).
- Close-Haul Communications
- GAPfiller GSM900, an RF front end daughtercard intended for a single TRX GSM base station in the 900 MHz band. The GAPfiller GSM900 is compatible with the Ettus Research USRP software-defined radio systems.
- ColorHug, an open source display colorimeter. United Kingdom
- Easy-Phi, a low-cost lab instrument specific to quantum optics research that may be adapted to other fields of research. University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- ExpEYES, a hardware and software framework to develop scientific experiments. India
- Folknology, United Kingdom
- Freezing Nucleation Apparatus, an instrument for immersion freezing assays.
- Inverse Path
- USB armory - Open source FLASH-drive sized computer
- Jerry, the DIY server, France
- Jon Neal, Power-over-Ethernet and RFID boards.
- littleBits Electronics - Library of electronic modules that snap together with magnets. From age 8 to infinity.
- Makeatronics, Smart Commutator for brushless DC motors.
- miniEngine - an open-source motion control software for timelapse photography
- mobilECG, a USB-based open source 12-lead clinical electrocardiograph. (discontinued Dec.2014)
- Mycroft AI
- Mycroft Mark 1 – smart speaker with open-source digital assistant
- Nedocon nedoCPU-32 - 32-bit hobby kit based on PIC32MX110 (DIP28).
- ObsoNET, Ethernet interface for MSX
- OMK: Open Music Kontrollers
- OpenLCB, A new way of controlling model railroads
- Public Laboratory is a community where you can learn how to investigate environmental concerns.
- Redwire, Low-Power Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
- RoboBrrd Brain Board v2, a robot controller board.
- ROP - Robotic Open Platform, The Netherlands
- SatNOGS - DIY Satellite Ground Station and Network
- SimpleMachines, Italy
- Smokingcircuits HydroGadget an Internet-connected home irrigation timer and controller.
- Smoothieboard, an open source, high performance and modular G-code interpreter and CNC controller.
- thefabric, Switzerland
- RGBA LED driver
- Scoutbots, Open Hardware technologies to explore and protect the Ocean.
- Signalyst DSC1, a DAC for high quality audio playback.
- Tinkerforge, Germany
- Modular hardware kit. Press Release
- Totem Health Sensor, an open platform giving giving users the freedom to create their own algorithms, insights and use cases. The Netherlands
- Turris, a special router used to protect home networks, Czech Republic
- Z-mota MOVE, a device capable of capturing the movement of the person who wears a bracelet, designed in the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
- BCN3D SIGMA, a professional FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication) 3D printer
- Elphel (August 2011)
- Open hardware and open source camera designed by Elphel Inc. primarily for scientific applications. Elphel cameras are being used to capture images for Google Street View and the Google Books project and are used in a Global Hawk UAV operated by NASA.
- Elphel in wikipedia
- Foxel, company leveraging Elphel technology (2015)
- Flexible Wind Meter (FWM)
- Novel type of wind speed and direction measuring instrument for data logging in very remote and inhospitable places. (Mar.2013)
- Koruza, networking solution based on free-space optics.
- Les Faiseurs de Bière ("The makers of beer")
- Bière Libre (the drinking kind!)
- Le projet voosilla, free small wind turbines (site in French) (Jan. 2013)* mmodulUS, reconfigurable modular furniture (in Spanish).
- Opennautics, open source space exploration hardware.
- Open Space Agency Ultrascope, an open-source robot telescope.
- Public Lab Balloon Mapping Kit
- smartCaster: Open source automatic roto-casting machine
- SunZilla 3.0, a pop-up solar generator.
- Tumaker Voladora V3 3D printer.
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Open Flexure Microscope, a 3D-printable microscope.
- Wanamei project. Development of sociotechnical solutions for small and artisanal miners of the region of Madre de Dios (Peru), including a mini-excavator.
Camps, conferences & hacker days¶
- POC21 - an innovation camp to prototype the fossil free, zero waste society. (2015)
Considering using the CERN OHL¶
- IEEE’s Humanitarian Technology "Solutions" (April 2014)
- Humanitarian Initiatives Committee (HIC) of IEEE Region 7
- 2014 IEEE Canada International Humanitarian Technology Conference - IHTC
Projects where the link doesn't work anymore¶
- FrankenBebi, LED-based anchor light for boats.
- Gizmo For You Ltd, Cyprus
- Sufficiency Inc. - Sufficiency Mutual Aid Forum, USA
- Worm Farm turns shredded paper and waste fruit and vegetables into high quality organic fertilizer, with the help of tiger worms. (stopped Oct. 2013)
- Breadpig Balloon Mapping Kit collects your own aerial photos from up to 1000 ft.
- ONAWI - Open Wind Turbines (Nov. 2011)
- Own-mailbox, a box to ensure secure e-mail communication. (Nov. 2016)
Erik van der Bij - 5 December 2016