Projects using the CERN Open Hardware Licence¶
This is a non-exhaustive list of projects that use the CERN OHL. Please inform us if you like to include other projects to this page.
- Adafruit Industries
- apertus°, Open Source Cinema.
- Analog Devices
- CHIMAERA - a poly-magneto-phonic-theremin. A touchless, expressive, open music controller.
- Chirp!, the plant watering alarm.
- Citoyens Capteurs. Platform to make environmental measurements (in French).
- Close-Haul Communications
- GAPfiller GSM900, an RF front end daughtercard intended for a single TRX GSM base station in the 900 MHz band. The GAPfiller GSM900 is compatible with the Ettus Research USRP software-defined radio systems.
- CitizenWatt, a low cost electricity consumption sensor. This sensor will be non intrusive, secured and under opensource licenses. CNIL and Paris City House, France.
- ColorHug, an open source display colorimeter.
- Easy-Phi, a low-cost lab instrument specific to quantum optics research that may be adapted to other fields of research. University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Elphel (August 2011)
- Open hardware and open source camera designed by Elphel Inc. primarily for scientific applications. Elphel cameras are being used to capture images for Google Street View and the Google Books project and are used in a Global Hawk UAV operated by NASA.
- Elphel in wikipedia
- FrankenBebi, LED-based anchor light for boats.
- Freezing Nucleation Apparatus, an instrument for immersion freezing assays.
- Gizmo For You Ltd, Cyprus
- HydroGadget, an Internet-connected home irrigation timer and controller.
- Jerry, the DIY server, France
- miniEngine - an open-source motion control software for timelapse photography
- mobilECG, a USB-based open source 12-lead clinical electrocardiograph.
- Multi Axis Motion Controller.
- Nedocon nedoCPU-32 - 32-bit hobby kit based on PIC32MX110 (DIP28).
- ObsoNET, Ethernet interface for MSX
- OMK: Open Music Kontrollers
- OpenLCB, A new way of controlling model railroads
- Open Motion Controller designed to drive up to 6 steppers and 6 PWMs.
- Public Laboratory is a community where you can learn how to investigate environmental concerns.
- Redwire, Low-Power Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
- ROP - Robotic Open Platform, The Netherlands
- SimpleMachines, Italy
- SimpleMachines to adopt CERN Open Hardware License v.1.1
- Mizar32 project, an easy to use a 32 bit microcontroller.
- thefabric, Switzerland
- RoboBrrd Brain Board v2, a robot controller board.
- Scoutbots, Open Hardware technologies to explore and protect the Ocean.
- Signalyst DSC1, a DAC for high quality audio playback.
- Tinkerforge, Germany
- Modular hardware kit. Press Release
- Turris, a special router used to protect home networks, Czech Republic
- Z-mota MOVE, a device capable of capturing the movement of the person who wears a bracelet, designed in the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
- Balloon Mapping Kit collects your own aerial photos from up to 1000 ft.
- Flexible Wind Meter (FWM)
- Novel type of wind speed and direction measuring instrument for data logging in very remote and inhospitable places. (Mar.2013)
- Les Faiseurs de Bière ("The makers of beer")
- Bière Libre (the drinking kind!)
- mmodulUS, reconfigurable modular furniture (in Spanish).
- Opennautics, open source space exploration hardware.
- smartCaster: Open source automatic roto-casting machine
- Le projet voosilla, free small wind turbines (site in French) (Jan. 2013)
Considering using the CERN OHL¶
- CSA Engineering AG (Nov. 2011)
- ONAWI - Open Wind Turbines (Nov. 2011)
- IEEE’s Humanitarian Technology "Solutions" (April 2014)
- Humanitarian Initiatives Committee (HIC) of IEEE Region 7
- 2014 IEEE Canada International Humanitarian Technology Conference - IHTC
Projects where the link doesn't work anymore¶
- Sufficiency Inc. - Sufficiency Mutual Aid Forum, USA
- Worm Farm turns shredded paper and waste fruit and vegetables into high quality organic fertilizer, with the help of tiger worms. (stopped Oct. 2013)
Erik van der Bij - 23 July 2014