White Rabbit provides sub-nanosecond accuracy and picoseconds precision of synchronization for large distributed systems. It also allows for deterministic and reliable data delivery.
White Rabbit allows you to precision time-tag measured data and lets you trigger data taking in large installations while at the same time using the same network to transmit data.
- sub-nanosecond synchronization
- connecting thousands of nodes
- typical distances of 10 km between nodes
- Ethernet-based gigabit rate reliable data transfer
- fully open hardware, firmware and software
- multi-vendor commercially produced hardware
See the slides of the WR Workshop held on 14-16 March in Amsterdam!
White Rabbit Project¶
- Overview (Presentations, Papers, Demos, Test reports)
- Status (Newsletters)
- Summary of WR projects
- Frequently Asked Questions
White Rabbit Technology¶
White Rabbit System¶
- Control and Timing System at CERN and GSI (Switzerland, Germany)
- Timing System in Gamma-Ray and Cosmic-Ray experiment HiSCORE-EA at the Tunka-133 Cherenkov EAS-Array (Siberia)
- Comparison and synchronization of geographically distant atomic clocks (Finland, The Netherlands)
- Timing and Acquisition system at LHAASO Telescope (China)
- Users of White Rabbit Technology
21 March 2016