The RFE electronics is the analog processing part of the BPM electronics
system designed by the LNLS Beam Diagnostics Group for the Sirius
The RFFE electronics is composed by three boards. The RF analog
electronics for channels A and C, the analog electronics for channels B
and D and by the digital control board. This manual is related to the
two RF analog conditioning boards, that are intended to provide gain,
calibration and filtering to the RF beam signals that come from 25 meter
of cables from the Beam position Monitor.
- Four RF channels providing Active Gain Control with attenuation
ranging from 0 dB up to 30 dB.
- The central frequency can be changed by a footprint compatible SAW
filter. From 400 MHz up to 550 MHz.
- High linear design, achieving less than +-0.001 dB nonlinearity over
-35 dBm to -10 dBm
- On-chip Crossbar switching that improves drift and noise performance
from ~DC up to half the switching frequency
- Input LPF before RF active devices are used in order to avoid peak
- Physically separated channels to provide better electromagnetic
- High Reliability connectors. Footprint compatible with other standard
- Temperature control for the input LPF in order to keep its insertion